Saturday, April 5, 2008

Final Score Allan 60 - Target 0

Today I was browsing the interweb for some great deals to make some money. I ran into this website hotwallet.com (check it out, it's wonderflicious) I read on one of the forums that Target was having a sale on Pantene pro-v shampoo and conditioner!

WOW!!!! I was so excited! lol....

So normally the shampoo is 3.37, but it was on sale for $3 even. Not too big of a deal right? well, then Target is giving a $5 gift card for every three bottles purchased. Okok...that's a little better....so I paid $9 for three bottles and got $5 back? nonono...that wouldn't be worthy of this post...

Pantene had a separate $2 off of any product on their website. Only one per purchase. So what did I do?

You guessed it!!! I printed off SIXTY coupons and went to Target. I grabbed a cart, threw 60 shampoos in it and went to check out...Here's how the conversation went with the cashier (i was trying to lay low)

Me: Hello!
Cash: Hi!
(we were both having good days)
Cash: wow....you really like shampoo!?
Me: yeah...well it's such a good deal and the sale ends today so I'm stocking up.
Cash: Gotcha...
She then scans all the bottles and sees that every 3 bottles gets a $5 gift card.
Cash: Here's your $100 gift card...
Me: Thanks =) oh....ya know what? I think I brought a few coupons.
I handed her the stack of 60 coupons. She looked at them for a minute before scanning them and I thought I was a gonner... But no! She tried one out and it worked! $2 off a $3 bottle!
Cash: Your total is $61.59....that's a LOT of money for shampoo!
Me: I know! You guys really screwed me on this one!
Yes....that last part actually happened as stated.

I walked out of target with a $100 gift card that we'll use for groceries and I only paid 61.59 =) And ummm....now we have 60 bottles of shampoo and conditioner. haha....

The good news is that some of them actually sell decently on ebay. win/win!

It wasn't the biggest money maker or anything but it certainly was fun getting $200 of free shampoo and making a $40 profit =)

No comments: